Under 5s Activities
Our under 5s activities will help your child; develop agility, balance, strength, speed and co-ordination, increase self confidence, enjoy exercise from an early age, develop social skills and meet other children, develop and increase concentration and participate in group activities.
Give your child a head start by introducing sport at an early age in a structured, fun, safe environment. Development stages are taken from British Gymnastics, Amateur Swimming Association, Football Association and Schools National Curriculum.
Under 5s can also enjoy Crèche
Visit the Find An Activity page to view all our forthcoming activities
Development Stage 1
- First Splash Adult & Baby - Enjoy the first steps of taking your baby in the pool. Focuses on confidence building activities for baby and carer, in a small group. Places are limited, pre-booking is recommended in pay as you go sessions. Also available as a course.
Development Stage 2
- Spring'n'Jump - Jumping and bouncing activities using space hoppers, trampettes, inflatable bouncer and other gymnastics and fun equipment. An ideal introduction to trampolining.
- Mini Movers - A mixture of inflatable bouncer, catch & throw games, great for eye-hand co-ordination!
- Kidagility - Elementary gymnastics instruction, soft play and inflatable bouncer.
- Mini Gym - Structured introduction to gymnastics, learning basic skills using actual gymnastic equipment and soft play.
- Adult & Under 4 ½ yrs Swim Sessions - Learn through play in the water in a session designed for you and your children to experience the pool environment with toys and a group fun activity time. Teachers in attendance for advice.
Development Stage 3
- Soccer Starters - Learn the basic skills in this fun footy session for young dribblers and strikers.
- Pre-club Gym - Structured gym session, a step on from mini-gym, where accompanying adult takes a back seat. Available as 'Pay as you go' or a course.
- Open Trampolining - A fun introduction to trampolining. Places are limited, pre- booking is recommended.
- Trampolining Courses - Structured Trampolining courses teaching the basic skills of bouncing, seat drops, straddle jumps etc. It is a regulation of the British Amateur Gymnastics Association that during trampoline lessons there must be an adult spotter in attendance in addition to the qualified instructor. 'A spotter being an adult who is present around the edge of the trampoline for the safe practice of this sport' Parents will need to stay and help their child.
- Pre School Swimming Lessons - First step for children in the 'learn to swim' programme without a parent/carer in the water. Followed by progressive courses learning basic skills and improving.
Development Stage 4
- After school and weekend courses or joining a club details
- Trampolining after school & weekend – school years courses
- Swimming After school & weekend – school years courses
- Football Littledown Juniors Soccer Stars course
- Boys and girls gym clubs
After your activity visit the Terrace Café for kids snacks, hot meals and drinks!